SeroNet investigators collaboratively create study design templates and other guidance documents with the goal of encouraging harmonization across studies to allow for comparisons and meta-analyses. This page will be updated as new materials are generated.
Study Design Templates and Standard Operating Procedures
- The Study Design Template for Vaccine Studies includes recommendations for collection timepoints and assay types. This template is intended to be tailored based on the study aims with the intent to collect samples at the same timepoints with the same associated metadata.
- The Isolation and Cryopreservation of Peripheral Blood Mononuclear Cells SOP is intended to convey the process parameters and practices for isolating and freezing PBMCs.
- The Serum Biospecimen Processing SOP is intended to convey the process parameters and practices for processing (not collecting) serum biospecimens.
Common Data Elements
- The COVID Common Data Elements is a work-in-progress that contains person focused, COVID vaccine, and disease/condition CDEs.
- You can request the Human SARS-CoV-2 Serology Standard from the Frederick National Lab, which was developed to harmonize assays that measure antibodies and enable comparisons between different studies.
More information about the Serological Sciences Network can be found here.